Re: [Chicken-users] Updating the zmq egg

From: Matt Gushee
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Updating the zmq egg
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2015 18:30:35 -0700

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 6:18 PM, Dan Leslie <address@hidden> wrote:

You might want to consider the nanomsg egg, which doesn't appear to have
a wiki page yet.

https://github.com/Adellica/chicken-nanomsg

Oh, great, yet another alternative to consider! :-/  Well, maybe. I've never heard of nanomsg before. Any idea how widely-used/well-supported it is?

PS: I still think the future of the zmq egg should be addressed, even if I end up not using it. It doesn't seem very useful to have a library binding that is two major versions behind. Unless someone is using it in production, I'd say it should either be updated or withdrawn.

Matt