Re: [Chicken-users] GC root gets garbage collected

From: Christopher Collins
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] GC root gets garbage collected
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 01:22:58 -0700

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 12:21 PM, Christopher Collins
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello Chicken users,
>
> I'm struggling with an issue where a scheme object is being unexpectedly
> garbage collected.

Just to provide an update - the problem appears to be solved.  My mistake was
that I was reusing a reference obtained from CHICKEN_gc_root_ref() for several
calls into scheme.  The fix was to call CHICKEN_gc_root_ref() each and every
time I need to access the scheme object.  Lesson learned :).

Thanks again,
Chris