Re: [Chicken-users] Basic abnf usage?

From: Moritz Heidkamp
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Basic abnf usage?
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 18:32:35 +0100

Hi Matt,

On 27 March 2015 18:18 CET, Matt Gushee wrote:

> BTW, in case you are interested, I was going to use comparse, which is a
> bit easier to learn (don't know about performance), but found that it
> didn't support UTF-8, which in my world is not acceptable.

as the author of Comparse I wonder how you got that impression? For
example, Medea (a JSON parser which is implemented in Comparse) fully
supports UTF-8 and even validates it to be well formed.

As for performance: I've recently made some improvements to it when used
on character based input types (strings and ports, really). In my
(grantedly not scientifically rigorous) benchmarks, this makes Medea the
fastest of the available JSON parsers for CHICKEN, for example.

Moritz