Re: [Chicken-users] specialized-io egg version discrepancy

From: Jeronimo Pellegrini
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] specialized-io egg version discrepancy
Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 22:34:17 -0300

On Fri, May 08, 2015 at 06:48:48PM -0600, Matt Gushee wrote:
> Hi--
>
> I just installed the specialized-io egg, but the version available via
> chicken-install does not match the documentation.
>
> The documentation says the most recent version is 1.3, but the version I
> installed, according to the .setup file, is 1.2; also,

Oops... It seems like the 1.3 version has the wrong number in the
.setup file!

> the documentation
> describes a function called 'write-one-string'; the actual egg I have lacks
> that, but has a 'write-string' procedure, which appears to be the same
> thing.

> In addition to shadowing the builtin write-string, this write-string causes
> a segfault when I attempt to use it within 'with-output-to-string' in csi.
> Haven't looked into it any further yet, but that doesn't seem very good.

Version 1.3 has "write-string", which in trunk has been renamed
"write-one-string". Could you please show the code that segfaults?

> This egg looks very useful; hope it can be brought up to date. If the
> original author isn't available, I can at least take a look and see what
> needs to be done. Thanks for your attention!

I'm here! :-)
I'll start fixing this egg... Meanwhile, you may want to use the
trunk version.

J.