Re: [Chicken-users] openssl egg segfauls: ##sys#expand-home-path

From: Thomas Chust
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] openssl egg segfauls: ##sys#expand-home-path
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 15:23:06 +0200

On 2015-05-19 13:35, Kristian Lein-Mathisen wrote:
> [...]
> It's been way too long! I'm running CHICKEN 4.9.0.1 and the openssl-egg
> segfaults at ssl-load-certificate-chain! and friends.
>
> I have two patches/suggestions:
> - remove home path expansion
> - use the pathname-expand egg
> [...]

Hello,

the only reason this functionality was included in the first place, was
that CHICKEN's standard I/O procedures used to perform automatic home
directory expansion, so I wanted the OpenSSL egg to behave similarly. If
I'm not mistaken, the standard I/O procedures no longer do home
directory expansion by default. I think it would make sense to also
remove this functionality from the OpenSSL egg. If needed, one could
always make use of the pathname-expand egg explicitly, which would make
the intent clearer.

Ciao,
Thomas