Re: [Chicken-users] performance of bignums

From: cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] performance of bignums
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 15:59:59 -0400

Peter Bex scripsit:

> Thanks for posting this.  We had already been discussing it earlier
> today in #chicken.  I had another look at the code but I can't really
> find any obvious inefficiencies.  It is indeed a bit faster with
> CHICKEN 5, but not by much.

Potential confounders are the I/O and the call to "format".  When I
get a chance, I'll try running the core of the code on the various
implementations on my Scheme machine (which I only have access to
nights and weekends now, thanks to $EMPLOYER's paranoia).

--
John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        address@hidden
An observable characteristic is not necessarily a functional requirement.