[Chicken-users] How to make bindings available to eval?

From: Jörg F. Wittenberger
Subject: [Chicken-users] How to make bindings available to eval?
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2015 16:07:42 +0200

Hi all,

I'm caught in the compiled vs. evaluated semantics...

In csi everything runs perfect, but in compiled mode I'm confuse why
eval does not see most bindings.  What am I missing?

The crazy thing: in the attached file "bar" is bound only when compile
as `csc tt.scm` (the "else" branch in the cond-expand) but unbound if
compiled as `csc -Dv1 tt.scm`.  The binding to bar however is correct in
either case within "baz":

(cond-expand
 (v1
  (import foo))
 (else
  (import (prefix foo foo:))
  (define bar foo:bar)))

(define (baz x) (bar x))

Scratching my head… This effects basically all the eggs.  The only work
around I found so far is to do the import/prefix trick in the file/unit
exporting the binding.  But that's tedious and probably not what I want
to do.

Thanks

/Jörg