[Chicken-users] Chicken works great on Debian noroot on android - any su

From: Matt Welland
Subject: [Chicken-users] Chicken works great on Debian noroot on android - any suggestions for best path for graphics?
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2015 00:46:17 -0700

For any android users who haven't tried it you might like Debian no root. It seems pretty solid on my note 4. The default chicken on debian, 4.9.0.1 seems to work great. I'm looking at my options for doing some graphical stuff. So far this is what I've seen:

ezxdisp - doesn't work due to missing font. I wasn't able to figure out which package to install.

cairo + sdl - after installing dependencies the eggs install but test-cairo.scm errors out with "Error: unbound variable: foreign-code.

iup - as I recall isn't worth trying due to issues with trampoline code on arm.

Are there any other options worth trying or does anyone know the fixes to the problems I ran into?

Thanks in advance.

Matt
-=-