Re: [Chicken-users] CHICKEN 4.10.0 release candidate 4 available

From: Tim van der Linden
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] CHICKEN 4.10.0 release candidate 4 available
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 15:57:10 +0900

On Mon, 27 Jul 2015 18:51:53 +1200
Evan Hanson <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Tim,

Hi Evan (and Sven)

> Thanks for the report, it's much appreciated.

You are welcome, happy to help out.

> On 2015-07-27 15:31, Tim van der Linden wrote:
> > The [panic] line (marked with **** in front) might be a possible
> > failed test?
>
> That panic line is fine and expected -- it's part of the test.

Understood.

> > Furthermore, as you can see, the system does progress a bit but hangs
> > at the last line. I have let it run for 2 hours, and it did not get
> > past this GCC compiling step. Either this Atom system is too weak to
> > run these test in a timely fashion, or something else is going
> > wrong...
>
> Looks like you're running into an issue with GCC 4.9 that a few others
> have encountered, as well -- the runtime tests do indeed run
> indefinitely on some platforms when that compiler is used.9. If
> possible, could you rerun that build with C_PLATFORM=<some other gcc> so
> that we can see the whether the remaining tests pass, that GCC bug
> notwithstanding?

Damn, I feel like an idiot ... reread Peter's announcement and it clearly
states this issue with GCC versions above 4.8. Sorry for the noise folks.

I'm now rerunning the full install/test with GCC 4.8 on the Atom system ...
will report back soon.

> Thanks again,
>
> Evan

Cheers,