Re: [Chicken-users] Bug in readline 4.0 egg; missing function

From: Leonardo Taccari
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Bug in readline 4.0 egg; missing function
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2015 19:22:54 +0200

Hello Jeremy,

Jeremy Steward writes:
> Unfortunately the main benefit of readline currently is that it
> supports history (linenoise does not, at least when I last checked).
>
> It's not the worst break in the world, as I can always use the SLIME
> egg, but that does not preserve history across sessions quite as well.
If you just need history support probably rlwrap[0] will do the trick!
I usually use rlwrap in combination with csi:

 $ rlwrap csi

rlwrap is a readline wrapper and you can use it for a lot of different
programs. It is also smart enough to remember the history depending on
the invoked utility (in our case we will have a ~/.csi_history after
invoking "rlwrap csi").

HTH!
Ciao,
L.