Re: [Chicken-users] ezxdisp, g2 both work great on Android noroot debian

From: Matt Welland
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] ezxdisp, g2 both work great on Android noroot debian .... but iup, doodle, allegro, cairo all do not ...
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2015 21:22:32 -0700

I just sent an email to chicken-users from my phone with a snapshot of doodle running on debian noroot. I was able to draw on the example test-doodle.scm (compiled to test-doodle) using the s-pen with no discernible lag. To get it to work set the color depth to 24 bit.

Thanks for chicken and thanks for doodle!

On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 2:16 AM, Christian Kellermann <address@hidden> wrote:
* Matt Welland <address@hidden> [150904 08:12]:
> Given it's impressive performance and ease of setup noroot debian seems
> like a great way to enable writing chicken scheme apps that target
> Android(i) (in addition to Linux and Windows). ezxdisp is a bit primitive
> and g2 doesn't seem designed for dynamic graphics but if it is all we've
> got it will do. My question is would anyone be interested in bug reports
> for one of doodle, allegro, or cairo? I'll do my best to help but would
> prefer to focus on just one option.

Yes, for doodle and cairo. If the SDL and cairo libs work on noroot
debian on android both eggs should too.

> (i) I'm not saying this would replace any native android chicken efforts,
> just that it is a low barrier to entry for using Chicken on your android
> device.

Indeed a nice idea. Thanks!

Christian

--
May you be peaceful, may you live in safety, may you be free from
suffering, and may you live with ease.