Re: [Chicken-users] need help with chicken-install

From: Jörg F. Wittenberger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] need help with chicken-install
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2015 13:51:37 +0100

Am 03.11.2015 um 13:12 schrieb Mario Domenech Goulart:
> Hello Jörg,
>
> On Tue, 03 Nov 2015 12:40:15 +0100 "Jörg F. Wittenberger" <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>
>> Following the instructions on http://wiki.call-cc.org/releasing-your-egg
>> I posted two release-info files.  But those fail to work with
>> chicken-install.
>>
>> Unfortunately the error message does not tell me much.  And the files
>> look pretty much as in the examples given at the wiki page above.
>>
>> What am I doing wrong?
>
> As far as I can see, the only missing part is
> http://wiki.call-cc.org/releasing-your-egg#publishing-your-egg
>
> Your egg would have to be added to an index that we call "egg-locations"
> (a file in Subversion).  Do you want me to do that?

OK, so please do so.  Wait, see comments below.

> Please, see some comments below.

>> Content:
>> (uri targz
>> "http://ball.askemos.org/Aad0f198cd7fcfc96ea59bcbeec340556/{egg-name}/{egg-name}-{egg-release}.tar.gz";)
>> (release "0.1")
>
> Is the http://ball.askemos.org/Aad0f198cd7fcfc96ea59bcbeec340556/ URI
> "constant"?  I mean, will that string that looks like a hash be the same
> for all egg releases?

This Aad..56 is a hash.  This hash is the identifier of the agent (as in
http://ball.askemos.org/?_v=search&_id=3749 ) which publishes the files.

http://askemos.org/chicken-eggs/ is just another name the same object,
however only valid withing the virtual host "askemos.org", while the
hash is always valid (i.e. also at ball.askemos.org, which is actually
the better location to use, since ball.askemos.org where the code is).

So the preferred URL's should be:

http://ball.askemos.org/Aad0f198cd7fcfc96ea59bcbeec340556/llrb-syntax.release-info

and

http://ball.askemos.org/Aad0f198cd7fcfc96ea59bcbeec340556/llrb-tree.release-info

>> Test:
>> $ chicken-install -n -l
>> http://ball.askemos.org/Aad0f198cd7fcfc96ea59bcbeec340556/llrb-syntax.release-info
>> llrb-syntax
>
> That's not supported by chicken-install.

I see.  Thanks.

One more question: am I correct to understand that documentation should
go best to http://wiki.call-cc.org/eggref/4/{egg-name} ?

Thanks

/Jörg