Re: [Chicken-users] one more egg - need advice how wrt. exports

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] one more egg - need advice how wrt. exports
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 00:41:32 -0500

"Jörg F. Wittenberger" scripsit:

> Firstly I have not found a way to rename identifiers on export (as in
> r6rs libraries).  Is there really no way or did I miss it?

That's a Chicken limitation I hope will one day be lifted.  I'd just go
with fixing the code so that it uses rcar, rcdr, rcons etc.

I'm going to propose this library for R7RS-large after doing this
transformation on it.  I'm also going to propose a "prefix-drop" type
of import that removes, rather than adds, a prefix; this lets you do
flonum arithmetic instead of generic arithmetic by dropping the "fl"
prefix from flonum-specific routines.

--
John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        address@hidden
Fundamental thinking is ha-ard.  Let's go ideology-shopping.