[Chicken-users] Hello! I'm new and need some pointers please ~

From: fedekun
Subject: [Chicken-users] Hello! I'm new and need some pointers please ~
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 01:11:05 +0000

Hello there! I'm Federico, a.k.a gosukiwi.

I'm a wen developer (JS, Ruby, PHP, etc) wanting to learn Scheme/Lisp/functional programming. My first lisp dialect is CHICKEN.

I decided to make a simple project using Scheme so I can get the hang of it. I didn't use anything "crazy" like macros, just simple constructs. (Oh btw, any recommended book on Scheme which I follow along using CHICKEN?)

It would be awesome if you guys could take a look and let me know what you think? The source code is here: https://github.com/gosukiwi/chicken-brainfuck
It's an interactive brainfuck interpreter.

Also, I have one question: What's a good site for CHICKEN Scheme reference? A simple document with a list of all standard R5RS/CHICKEN functions would be great. Currently, using the CHICKEN website is so hard to stuff, and if I Google I get a lot of Racket/MIT Scheme documentation, but very little for CHICKEN.

For example, for web development we have http://devdocs.io/ which is awesome for searching documentation.

Thanks for your time ~