Re: [Chicken-users] Using fmt and numbers eggs together

From: Sudarshan S Chawathe
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Using fmt and numbers eggs together
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2016 23:25:25 -0500

John Cowan <address@hidden> wrote:

> Since the fmt egg is compiled without the numbers egg, it only recognizes
> native Chicken numbers, i.e. fixnums and flonums.  The way to fix that
> is to fetch the fmt egg, introduce "(use numbers)" into the appropriate
> places, and rebuild the egg locally.

Thanks to the above suggestion, as well as the earlier message from
Peter Bex,  I seem to have gotten the fmt and numbers eggs to work
properly together.  At least, the earlier errors are gone.

In the process, I have probably inserted '(use numbers)' in a few
unnecessary places in my copy of the fmt source files.  At first I
thought I should be able to manage by editing only the compiler flags in
fmt.setup (-prelude, etc.), but that didn't work.

Regards, and thanks for the help,

-chaw