Re: [Chicken-users] IUP/LED help

From: Jordan Jacobson
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] IUP/LED help
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 13:32:56 -0700

Awesome, that worked perfectly.

On Sun, Jan 10, 2016 at 12:33 PM, Jordan Jacobson <address@hidden> wrote:
thanks :), I'll give it a try

On Sun, Jan 10, 2016 at 5:21 AM, Peter Bex <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sat, Jan 09, 2016 at 09:43:46PM -0700, Jordan Jacobson wrote:
> I'm trying to get a handle on the IUP/LED egg. Ive been going through the
> tutorial page and translating the examples into ones using a .led resource
> file. The example with the menu is not working. I have some pastes here:
> http://paste.call-cc.org/paste?id=b0e3e10588a202543dca034c884cb885207195c2
> http://paste.call-cc.org/paste?id=22dc1555d2f77d1019a14b2582f4756f3afdcec0
> http://paste.call-cc.org/paste?id=70951f6ee8c210ab2bd5bd066ab477ad8fba1c82
> http://paste.call-cc.org/paste?id=1e6b8ee3891ab5c234c2df891b83f3000eb11467

Hello Jordan,

I don't know anything about IUP (I've never been able to even get it
installed), but from the documentation's examples, it looks like LED is
not linked to Scheme in any way; instead it uses identifiers which are
similar to the identifiers in Lua.  Look at this example:

http://webserver2.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/iup/examples/LED/submenu.led
or the Lua version:
http://webserver2.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/iup/examples/Lua/submenu.lua

This means that "menu-item" is not defined in LED.  Instead, you'll
need to use just "item".   I suppose Thomas chose to use "menu-item"
as the identifier in Scheme because "item" is too generic and would
easily conflict when using other libraries.

Perhaps, if this is too confusing, it may be wise to use exactly the
same identifiers as Lua and LED use.

Cheers,
Peter