Re: [Chicken-users] Installing on Suse Tumbleweed

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Installing on Suse Tumbleweed
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 07:48:32 -0500

Peter Sommerfeld scripsit:

> Did I do something wrong or do I have to do additional steps?

You need to do "make PLATFORM=linux install" as root.  Passing
PREFIX does not install anything, it just tells Chicken to build
so that it will work properly at that location.

By the way, you probably shouldn't build as root as a matter of safety.
Instead, just install as root.

--
John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        address@hidden
        Sound change operates regularly to produce irregularities;