[Chicken-users] Is there interest in this Prolog interpreter packaged as

From: Jeronimo Pellegrini
Subject: [Chicken-users] Is there interest in this Prolog interpreter packaged as an egg?
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2016 19:40:29 -0200

Hello,

I have written a Prolog interpreter and I'd like to know if there is
interest in its availability as an egg.

http://aleph0.info/jp/software/prolog-in-scheme/

I am not sure if people will be interested, because it's really more
a pedagogical tool -- the source code is part of a tutorial -- and
not the most efficient implementation you could have of Prolog. However,
it is pretty complete: several different small interpreters are
available, each build on top of the other:

- Pure prolog: no local variables, no assertions, only plain Prolog
  and SLD-resolution.

- Prolog w/built-ins: with an extensible set of built-in predicates.
  Only the built-ins within a list are allowed.

- Prolog w/Scheme functions: call any Scheme function from Prolog.

- Prolog w/local vars: this version has support for "IS" and local
  Prolog variables.

- Prolog w/meta-predicates: this version has support for "assert"
  and "retract".

- Prolog w/cut: this version supports cuts.

There are no macros for Prolog syntax -- it's all in Sexps, just like
Scheme.

If you believe this would be interesting as an egg, tell me and I'll
get it packaged!

J.