Re: [Chicken-users] compile .scm for android

From: F. Rafael Leon
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] compile .scm for android
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2016 13:14:05 -0400

On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 11:34 AM, Jin Cao <address@hidden> wrote:
> Are these possible?
> 1. run compiled scheme without chicken runtime, or
> 2. let CHICKEN_run() be executed in the "right way"

The answer to question 1 is "yes".

The way I did it is to compile csi for Android. Then start a csi
process and pipe S-expressions back and forth to my JVM app written in
Kawa Scheme.  csi is on native side and Kawa is on JVM side and they
talk to each other. I used csi for data processing and Kawa for UI.

Lollipop and later require PIE support.
To compile csi for Android, you add "-fPIE" to CFLAGS.

For question 2, I don't remember jni working well for me. However, from here:

http://wiki.call-cc.org/embedding

It says to try:

CHICKEN_run(CHICKEN_default_toplevel);

instead of: