Re: [Chicken-users] extension loading in sqlite3 egg

From: Kristian Lein-Mathisen
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] extension loading in sqlite3 egg
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 21:08:58 +0200

Thank you very much, Thomas! Works great for my purposes. Any chance of giving this a new tag for release?

K.

On 2016-05-24 11:25, Kristian Lein-Mathisen wrote:
> [...]
> In the sqlite3 command-line, this works fine. The solution was to enable
> extension loading which is not allowed by default:
> https://www.sqlite.org/c3ref/enable_load_extension.html
>
> However, this Sqlite3 function isn't available in the egg.
> [...]

Hello,

I have added an enable-load-extension! procedure to the trunk version of
the sqlite3 egg. In addition to what your patch did, I added some
boilerplate error checking code, which can't hurt, and a feature flag to
turn the procedure into a stub, in case someone wants to compile the egg
with an old or otherwise restricted version of SQLite3.

Ciao,
Thomas