Re: [Chicken-users] Coroutines and Finite State Machines Egg

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Coroutines and Finite State Machines Egg
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 20:01:18 +0200

Hello Robert,

On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 22:52:29 -0600 Robert Smiley <address@hidden> wrote:

> My name is Robert and I'm new around here.

Welcome!

> I've recently created an egg out of some code I have written. The
> library's focus is cooperative multitasking using coroutines and
> finite state machines.
>
> I understand this approach has drawbacks compared to srfi-18 (having
> to explicitly yield control), but I'm aware of some situations where
> these could be useful, such as in game engines.
>
> The repo can be found here
> https://github.com/yarnoiser/cooperative
>
> This is url of the release info file specifically.
> https://github.com/yarnoiser/cooperative/blob/master/cooperative.release-info
>
> Would it be possible to have this added to the egg-locations file?
>
> As I am quite inexperienced with writing libraries, I decided to err
> on the side of caution and mark the code as pre-release. Please let me
> know if you find bugs. I'm also open to feedback on the code itself
> (especially for improving the finite state machine macro).
>
> I'll also be working on a chicken library for asynchronous i/o here
> https://github.com/yarnoiser/async-io

Excellent.  Thanks for sharing your code.

With regard to cooperative: is there any special reason for putting the
whole code into the import library?  We usually have a .scm with the
actual code and have the .import.scm file emitted by the compiler.

> Apart from that, hello chicken community. It's nice to meet you.

Nice to meet you to. :-)

All the best.
Mario
--