Re: [Chicken-users] Installing chicken on windows

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Installing chicken on windows
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 13:57:46 -0400

Dan Leslie scripsit:

> The Haskell Platform is batteries-included; it ships with gcc, binutils,
> bash et al. IIRC, you can opt not to install those if you wish, but
> they install by default.

I guess we could do that, but it would be a pain in the ass to keep up
to date.

> Alternatively, people can now install Chicken through the Bash package
> that Microsoft ships in the Windows store. It's just Ubuntu without
> the kernel.

Sure.  But then it's not _Windows_ Chicken any more.  Interaction between
pseudo-Ubuntu and Win32 is very limited, basically just the shared file
system and TCP/IP sockets.

--
John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        address@hidden
Linguistics is arguably the most hotly contested property in the academic