Re: [Chicken-users] Installing chicken on windows

From: Dan Leslie
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Installing chicken on windows
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2016 17:36:04 -0700

I have just returned from vacation and have access to my Windows 10 machine again, and so can try out my setup.

Here's what I have done:

Install 64-bit MSYS2, launch bash using the MingW64 shell:

https://msys2.github.io

Install the necessary dependencies:

pacman -Sy
pacman -S mingw-w64-cross-toolchain base-devel mingw64/mingw-w64-x86_64-cmake global

Build and install Chicken:

tar xf chicken-4.11.0.tar.gz; cd chicken-4.11.0
make PLATFORM=mingw-msys
make PLATFORM=mingw-msys install
And now you have a Win64 build of Chicken.

Note that I also install and use Emacs this way, and interface with Chicken through Geiser.

-Dan