[Chicken-users] read file into a list of lists

From: Jinsong Liang
Subject: [Chicken-users] read file into a list of lists
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 23:07:21 -0400

Hi,

I need to read a file (lines of numbers) into a list of lists with each line a list. I wrote the following function to do it:

(define (read-all-lines file-name)
 (let ([output '()])
   (let ([p (open-input-file file-name)])
     (let f ([x (read-line p)])
       (if (eof-object? x)
         (close-input-port p)
         (begin
           (set! output (cons (string-split x) output))
           (f (read-line p))))))
   (reverse output)))

I have a few questions regarding the above code:

1. Is there an existing API to do the same thing?
2. Using set! seems not a lispy coding style. Is it true?
3. Any improvements I can make ? I bet there are tons.

Thank you!

Jinsong