Re: [Chicken-users] Two dimensional linked lists

From: Justin Ethier
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Two dimensional linked lists
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2016 21:21:40 -0400

A vector of vectors would be more efficient to traverse for large values of [n], but if the vectors are not the same length you need to check to make sure index [n] exists in each one. If you are going to handle random insertions of data you also have to worry about growing a vector(s) if the requested [n] is larger than the vector size.

A simple and elegant (though perhaps not the most efficient?) solution is to use a hashtable to store the cell values:
https://wiki.call-cc.org/man/4/Unit%20srfi-69

This example is in Python but you get the idea:
http://code.activestate.com/recipes/355045-spreadsheet/

Thanks,

Justin