[Chicken-users] set! on unbound variable

From: Jinsong Liang
Subject: [Chicken-users] set! on unbound variable
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 21:26:56 -0400

Hi,

I have been tripped by the following mistake a few times:

(let ((hello 0))
    (set! helo 1))

I meant to set! on hello. However, due to a typo, I did set! on helo. This bug is extremely hard to debug to me. Is there a way to make Chicken give warning on this? Or how do you handle this issue?

I know probably using set! is not a good programming style. I found that in some situations it is hard to avoid set!.

Thank you!

Jinsong