[Chicken-users] Compiling multiple modules into a single executable

From: Josh Barrett
Subject: [Chicken-users] Compiling multiple modules into a single executable
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2016 19:56:54 +0000

I really like modules. I tend to use several per project, if not one per file. However, when it comes time to compile an executable, I'd rather not have 50 random .so files cluttering up the place. I've tried using compilation units (which seems to be the endorsed method of compiling multiple files together), but I can't get them to work with modules.

To compound the problem, whatever solution I end up with (if I do get a solution) still has to work with interpreted code, because I'd rather not wait a compilation cycle to test my code.

Can anybody help?