Re: [Chicken-users] Compiling multiple modules into a single executable

From: Josh Barrett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Compiling multiple modules into a single executable
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2016 21:13:49 +0000

Oh. Thanks. Can you generate a .import without compiling your module?

On 2016-10-16 22:52, Josh Barrett wrote:
> [...]
> $ csc -c foo.scm bar.scm
>
> Syntax error (import): cannot import from undefined module
> ---
> As I understand it, this should work, but it obviously doesn't. Does
> anybody know why?
> [...]

Hello,

this cannot work because the compiler cannot find the necessary import
libraries.

Try compiling the two files separately and emitting import libraries
like this:

$ csc -c foo.scm -J
$ csc -c bar.scm -J

You can then link to a main program in a separate step, like this:

$ cat main.scm
(declare (uses bar))
(import bar)
(baz)