Re: [Chicken-users] New egg - directory-tree

From: Kristian Lein-Mathisen
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] New egg - directory-tree
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2016 10:55:13 +0100

Hi Peter,

I though I'd just mention that you can generate wiki page from a markdown-file using markdown-svnwiki. So what I usually do is to have everything in a Readme.md and then convert this to the wiki syntax and then paste that (a manual process, like Evan says) into the wiki page on wiki.call-cc.org.

So, for example, https://github.com/Adellica/chicken-nanomsg/blob/master/readme.md becomesĀ http://wiki.call-cc.org/eggref/4/nanomsg

This may be particularly useful if you're not keen on learning yet another markup format. SeeĀ http://wiki.call-cc.org/eggref/4/markdown-svnwiki

Cheers,
K.

Hi Peter,

On 2016-11-01 13:59, Peter Nagy wrote:
> while working on a small home project I decided to port gauche's
> (create|check)-directory-tree functions over to chicken and release my
> first (small) egg.

Looks useful, thanks!

> Let me know if anything else is needed from my side, if not I will
> make a tag on gitlab to finalize the release.

Everything looks good to me, it just needs a tag. I've just added it to
the repository, so it will become accessible shortly after the tag is
created.

> I think I managed to get everything done based on the wiki except
> documentation. Can I create it within my project in some format and it
> would get linked in wiki.call-cc.org/eggref/4 ? Or should I just
> create the page for my egg there and add the docs there?

The latter. Some people keep a version of the documentation in the
project tree, but actually putting it on the wiki is a manual process.

Cheers,

Evan