[Chicken-users] New egg for astronomical calculations

From: Rob Altenburg
Subject: [Chicken-users] New egg for astronomical calculations
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 22:15:11 -0500

This egg contains bindings to the  libnova library which is "a general purpose, double precision, Celestial Mechanics, Astrometry and Astrodynamics library" available under the GNU LPGL.

See: https://github.com/RobAltenburg/ephem

There is no documentation in the wiki yet, but I’ll work on that.

Working on this egg has been a learning process. I’m sure there is much room for improvement.
I started this with a limited use in mind: I wanted to see a map of how Pluto has traveled since its discovery.
That map is here:  https://i.redd.it/bx92vo8mey8y.png (The code to draw the map was done in scheme too).