[Chicken-users] numbers egg depends on libstdc++ and some questions

From: Claude Marinier
Subject: [Chicken-users] numbers egg depends on libstdc++ and some questions
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 23:08:09 -0500

Good evening,

I tried to deploy a small program. I compile with Chicken 4.11.1 and MinGW on MS Windows 10. The "-deploy" option copies libchicken.dll and I manually copy the linenoise and numbers ".so" files. I also need libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll from MinGW.

When I try to run the program, I get a scary looking error message. The message also fails to shed light on the cause of the problem. :-)

Error: unbound variable: |address@hidden|

        Call history:

        numbers.scm:267: ##sys#gc
        numbers.scm:1770: register-feature!             <--

I resorted to brute force to find that the numbers eggs needs libstdc++-6.dll from MinGW. I did not expect that.

Here are the questions.

1) Why does the numbers egg use libstdc++ ?  Just curious.

2) How can I help "-deploy" copy the ".so" files? I did not understand the documentation I found. I probably did not look at the correct document.

Thank you.

--
Claude Marinier