[Chicken-users] chicken-install -keep-installed not working when doing -

From: Matt Welland
Subject: [Chicken-users] chicken-install -keep-installed not working when doing -deploy
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2017 23:10:33 -0700

I think -keep-installed is detecting the egg already installed to the system - but it should be looking at the deploy directory when deploying.

I am trying to get the following Makefile to work somewhat efficiently, however as make iterates over each egg some of the same dependencies are installed over and over again:

# Need to run as follows (PREFIX is the path to where the iup lib is installed):
#
# CSC_OPTIONS="-I$PREFIX/include -L$PREFIX/lib" make deploy

CSCOPTS=
SRCFILES=src/db.scm
SOFILES = $(SRCFILES:%.scm=%.so)
DEPLOYSOFILES = $(SOFILES:src/%=deploytarg/%)

EGGS=matchable readline apropos base64 regex-literals format regex-case test coops trace csv \
     dot-locking posix-utils posix-extras directory-utils hostinfo tcp-server rpc csv-xml fmt \
     json md5 awful http-client spiffy uri-common intarweb spiffy-request-vars \
     spiffy-directory-listing ssax sxml-serializer sxml-modifications srfi-42 matchable \
     iup canvas-draw sqlite3

DPLYEGGS = $(EGGS:%=deploytarg/%.so)

all : dashboard
deploy : deploytarg/dashboard

src/%.so : src/%.scm
csc $(CSCOPTS) -J -s $<
cp src/$*.so $*.import.scm deploytarg

deploytarg/%.so : Makefile
chicken-install -p deploytarg -deploy $*

deploytarg/dashboard : $(DPLYEGGS) $(DEPLOYSOFILES) src/dashboard.scm
csc -deploy $(OFILES) src/dashboard.scm -o deploytarg
mv deploytarg/deploytarg deploytarg/dashboard