[Chicken-users] Dockerfile for building Android app with Chicken and SDL

From: Kristian Lein-Mathisen
Subject: [Chicken-users] Dockerfile for building Android app with Chicken and SDL2
Date: Thu, 18 May 2017 03:03:34 +0200

Hi guys,

I just though I'd announce that I've created a Dockerfile which should hopefully make it simpler to build Android-apps with CHICKEN. You'll need docker to build this, along with lots of bandwidth and patience. I called the project chicken-sdl2-android-builder in lack of a better name:

https://github.com/chicken-mobile/chicken-sdl2-android-builder

Unfortunately, building this docker image takes really long and needs to download around 1GB of data. The resulting docker image is around 6GB which is why I decided to not push it to the docker hub. Hopefully, though, building this docker image is still better than spending three days trying to get Android.mk-files to cooperate (like I just did - for the third time).

Hopefully it can be of use to anyone wanting to experiment with CHICKEN on their Android device!

K.