Re: [Chicken-users] reachable top-level functions and variables

From: Sven Hartrumpf
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] reachable top-level functions and variables
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 07:45:46 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Marc.

MF wrote, 2017-07-13 04:20:
> Have you tried the declaration (optimize-dead-definitions) in Gambit?
> There’s also the -report compiler option.

Thanks for the suggestions.
I could not use Gambit for my sources because they need
cond-expand AND syntax-rules AND Gambit keywords.
The interesting Gambit feature made me write a little preprocessor that
expands (top-level) cond-expand's and define-syntax (via alexpander)
so that I might be able to port my sources to Gambit again :-)

BTW (documentation of -report):
gambit.pdf (Sec. 3.3) says: "defined, referenced, mutated and called"
while the compiler uses:    D A R C
Should this be matched in reading order?

Ciao
Sven