Re: [Chicken-users] Passing in a scheme function into C to be called lat

From: Evan Hanson
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Passing in a scheme function into C to be called later
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 11:34:37 +1200

Hi David,

On 2017-07-18 15:21, David Astels wrote:
Subscribing is puzzling me and I assume someone has encountered a
similar situation at some point.  I need to be able to pass a scheme
function to a call to a C function. It then gets stored and is needs to
be called by the message received callback (a C function).

This is a pretty common pattern, and the easiest approach is usually to
define a C-space procedure with `define-external`. See the "Callbacks"
section of the manual: http://api.call-cc.org/doc/foreign/callbacks

Cheers,

Evan