circle-discuss

[circle] all your colors are belong to us

From: Thomas Voegtlin
Subject: [circle] all your colors are belong to us
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 01:00:59 +0200 (CEST)

gtk has a verry nice gtk.ColorSelectionDialog class.
Therefore we must use it!
(notice the influene of french philosophers on me...)

the presence of ColorSelectionDialog will give a strong
feeling of maturity to the GUI.

how about having one color per acquaintance, and displaying
their names in color instead of boring blue?

it would work as the nickname: a user may override the color
preference initially set by the acquaintance.

/find -o would return a lovely rainbow.

how about being able to change the background color? the text color?
[btw, does GtkTextView support transparency?]

how to ensure good contrast when users chose their bg/fg color?

how to deal with the /quiet color?

I propose to maintain black for offline users.

what do you guys think?

T.