circle-discuss

Re: [circle] savannah sucks

From: Peter Moulder
Subject: Re: [circle] savannah sucks
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 17:20:42 +1000

> [trouble accessing savannah CVS server]

Is that with pserver or ssh?  I think it's better with pserver for me.
I have:

  $ cat CVS/Root
  :pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot
  $ cat `type -p scvs`
  #! /bin/sh
  CVS_RSH=ssh exec cvs -d :ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot "$@"

So I do `cvs up', `cvs diff' etc. as anonymous using pserver, then do
`scvs commit' to override CVS/Root and use ssh protocol.

You can change your existing checkout to use pserver by default with

  find -path '*/CVS/Root' | xargs perl -pi -e 's/.*@/:pserver:anoncvs@/'

If you don't already have an entry for address@hidden in your
~/.cvspass then remember to do `cvs login' after you've changed the
CVS/Root values.  (Hit Return at the password prompt, IIRC).

Also remember to use your own login for the scvs script (not pjrm).

pjm.