circle-discuss

Re: [circle] Many notes on my Circle experience

From: Asheesh Laroia
Subject: Re: [circle] Many notes on my Circle experience
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 20:12:13 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, Nathan Hurst wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 10:21:33 -0400 (EDT)
> Asheesh Laroia <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Some users want a search query history, like many Gnutella clients
> > have. If you're not familiar with the concept, the idea is a concise
> > table or list of what things have been searched recently so we can all
> > laugh at ourselves.
>
> Do you mean a per user history of what they have searched for, like the
> URL widget in mozilla; or a global search history?

A global search "recent history".  If you've used many Gnutella clients or
Direct Connect, you'll know that they have a list of recent search terms
that looks like this:

+--------------+------+
|  Term        | Num  |
+--------------+------+
| pizza        | 123  |
| hungry       | 34   |
| potato       | 3    |
| julienne     | 2    |

An anonymous frequency histogram is the idea.  That way, we can all
comment to each other later, "Heh, we seem to like pizza a lot."

-- Asheesh.

--
> <magical +3 sigh of hyperbole deflection>

The branden dodges your magical sigh. The branden attacks you with a
slew of words! The branden misses!

        -- Henning Makholm in <address@hidden>