circle-discuss

Re: [circle] conceptual doubt

From: thomasV
Subject: Re: [circle] conceptual doubt
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 17:06:49 +0100

Rita Díaz y/o Rodrigo Benenson wrote:

but, why you say "UDP is faster than TCP" ?

If no multicast, or packet loose tolerant application, I do not see why UDP
could be interesant (how it araised to be in the final implementation)

I think you'd have to ask Paul about that.
AS far as I understand, UDP is better suited
for file downloads, especially multi-source.

Now TCP might be better for all the rest (routing, etc)
I'll try to read more about that topic. I guess it would
not be very complicated to move the protocol to TCP
if it is better.

also, one could measure performance of circle in both case and compare