[cks-devl] Re: status of pgsql server

From: V Alex Brennen
Subject: [cks-devl] Re: status of pgsql server
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 16:09:38 -0400 (EDT)

Of primary interest is the verification of subkey binding signatures
and self signatures.  Most likely, I'll release a version of server
which can verify these types of signatures first, then work on the
verification of cross key signatures.  Invalid or spoofed cross
key signatures are less likely to result in direct security
compromise than faked subkey binding or self signatures (which
include User ID, expiration, and revocation data).

At the present time, I plan to check the binding and self signatures
at submission time only which should result in limited CPU usage.

My commitment to the maintenance of the cks code, and the compatibility
efforts of the openPGP standards team should allay your concerns about
future compatibility and key rejection.

        - VAB