[cks-devl] bulge

From: Jozy Key
Subject: [cks-devl] bulge
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 18:05:42 +0300

In its shadow even Windrushlost its speed, and flowed stagnant and dim under the battlements.
He commended his soul and his cause to God. I dare not leave you alone in this place. Haste ye in the name of God the Father and Godthe Son and . He had no doubt as to what thecoming night would bring forth. If you are a blessed one, I plead in Christs name.
There aredeeps in Lovells castle which no mortal key will unlock. Welcome, old friend, and I prithee presentyour company!
We are bound to the dying man in Oxford who pledged you tolay the wandering spirit of his lord. You must haveweighty business on your hands. In spite of my habit, friend, I am not against you. Was it accidia that troubledhim, that deadly sin?
Have you any old garments of mine, mother, to amendhis raggedness? They skirted swampy meadows fringed by elders, which rustledeerily, though there was now no wind.
The little old witch-wife looked him over with eyes like pits ofbog-water. Godsnigs, but you are at easein another mans house!
He had now only agreat pity and a great clearness, as if some cloud had lifted fromhis brain. I have found it, he answered, for I have got me a new mind. The moles were throwing up fresh earth,so I knew that the frost would not hold.
Hush, sir, and ask not, said Mother Sweetbread.
Naps cast off his ragged cloak and revealed a very respectable suitof brown frieze and leather.
Few,save ourselves, come here, unless the Kings law be troublesome. Morning brought a heavy sky and a fiercer cold, but it brought toPeter some peace of mind.
He unbarred door and windows, and let inthe grey light. My hand would never be lifted against suchas he.
But deep down in his heart he knew that he had other thoughts.
Peter lit a fire, and found food in the cupboard, on which he madehis supper.
I am Bohun, said Peter, and he was not conscious of what he said.
Give us as much time, he called to Darking, as a man may walk amile. In that subterranean cell he seemed to view the worldfrom a high hill.
Come with us, said Peter to Darking, that we may get him aboveground. Thisnight you have seen a vision, such as befell St Paul on theDamascus road.
Withhorror he saw that the something had once been a man.
We are bound to the dying man in Oxford who pledged you tolay the wandering spirit of his lord.
He did not seek kingdoms ordukedoms, or purple and fine linen, or trampling armies behind him.