[cks-devl] dislike

From: Elvira Christopher
Subject: [cks-devl] dislike
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 18:01:53 -0500

Eugene looked with passionate devotion at the grand old head, calm,wise and comforting. You mustnt start life by accumulatingdebts.
He hadturned sullenly upon her while she talked.
They have at least one in every high school,and one in the orchestra of every small-town movie. And Eliza, confused and disturbed, would answer: Why, child!
He thought of her only as a very chill and respectable woman. Well, he went on very calmly, what if Im not? Areyou going to let that poor old man in there die for lack of propercare?
Surely Bens deathshould have taught us something, her voice ended in a scream ofexasperation. And who has seen hisshadow in the Square? Bruce-Eugene, the Scourge of theGreasers, and the greatest fullback Yale ever had!
He will bear me out and praise me, for I am measuredagainst this peasant earth.
But most of her time, her love, her blazingenergy, she gave to the care of her father.
Eliza devotedmost of her time to real estate. After all, he thought, I have myticket and the money for my escape in my pocket. But in his heart he knew he was going to leave.
He tried to move,but his brother blocked him.
Most of the students,except the graduating class, had departed. I have a long wayto go before my journey is done.
She was a prim uglywoman of forty-three, who wore glasses and had sparse hair. Your papa was persuaded into that against his betterjudgment, she added fretfully. After all, he thought, I have myticket and the money for my escape in my pocket.
Cant you ever get it into your head that papas a sick man?
She became very ugly and bitter, and accused him ofbetraying, dishonoring, and deserting her. Eugenes face grew dark with pride and joy there in the lovelywilderness.
Your papa was persuaded into that against his betterjudgment, she added fretfully. I know what youre trying to do, Steve screamed in an agony ofsuspicion. The deliberate calm of Hugh Barton sometimes goaded her to afrenzy.