[cks-devl] sprout molest

From: Douglas Cordova
Subject: [cks-devl] sprout molest
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 16:09:20 +0100

- Ever seen a windshield wiper walk around ?
A total restoration is in order, so the crank will be rebuilt at that time.
A sporty bike in Candy Gold. I spend hours on this job. I spend hours on this job.
Story goes these were distributed to dealers - probably high-volume ones - as shop window eye-candy.
This is how far this build is from completetion.
The lines were spraypainted.
Rear carrier replacement kit from takegawa.
Rickman fender and more bits and bobs that I have forgotten, but its on my website. Fits just lovely with the original split rim and a duro tyre.
The paint went underneath and had to redo the hole paintjob.
stands the test of time, for styling. Here I was swapping tyres and fitting new rear brakes. It has a dry-sump system of course, being an HD clone, and the return-stop valve was sticking with the old oil and sludge.
The benly has even been featured as part of our long term test fleet, so is a bit of a star.
VERY cold blooded bike! Still long way to go!
After putting a new one problem was gone!
Had some problems with the front fork and wiring to the takegawa clocks.
The petrol pump was except service.
I love the bike, rides great.
- Ever seen a windshield wiper walk around ?
Here I was swapping tyres and fitting new rear brakes. Maybe someday I will finish it.
After putting a new one problem was gone!
This example came to me from Kansas, but not quite in this condition.
One can of elbow grease tightened necessary.
After few hours working, it with taken again its colors blue and white with the stickers, but in painting.
This was cleaned; highly polished; satined in an emulsion and clearlacked. Large a thank you with those wich contributed to this refection, of wich cmsnl.
The benly has even been featured as part of our long term test fleet, so is a bit of a star.
this is as good as it gets!
- Ever seen a windshield wiper walk around ? This bike also has the reflectors and the small headlamp. Had some problems with the front fork and wiring to the takegawa clocks.
Note the special semi-high exhaust, very rare! Here I was swapping tyres and fitting new rear brakes.
Guy gets out the cafe and rides away on his Honda bike .