Installation Script

From: John Keiser
Subject: Installation Script
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 13:54:51 -0600

I was thinking about a little script that did some of the more daunting work
on the installation.

For example, you could download the script and run it, and it would check
the versions of these things (autoconf/automake/libtool for example) and
tell you where to get them if you need them (or even download / install them
itself if the user desires).  Then it does the cvs checkout and installation
on Japhar and NSPR and Classpath.  Finally it writes the environment vars
you need into a file that you can append to your .*rc file.

Slava, I dunno what you're interested in doing but this would be an
incredibly useful and probably interesting project, especially since you're
about to go through the rigamarole of installation yourself.

--John Keiser
A child of five would understand this. Send somebody to fetch a child of
five. --Groucho Marx, "Duck Soup"
"The glass is not half full, nor half empty. The glass is just too
big." --unknown