Re: JINI clone

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: JINI clone
Date: 21 Oct 2000 00:33:21 -0400

Bill Petheram <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi guys,
>       I recently started a JINI clone. It works with many limitations.
> However I no longer have much time to work on it, are you guys
> interested? Or do you know anyone who might be?

Has Sun changed their licensing of the JINI specification so that you
can read it and implement it without being beholden unto them?  Of
course HP was competing with them in this area some time ago... maybe
HP's spec is more open?

Short answer, yes we'd be interested.  Long answer is legal issues may
keep it from being useful.

Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>