Re: Code formatting

From: Warren Levy
Subject: Re: Code formatting
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 12:19:31 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, Bryce McKinlay wrote:

> I plan to do some bulk reformatting in java.util in preparation for
> producing diffs for some enhancements/fixes/merges that I'm working on.

As part of object serialization work, I'm merging in some things from
Classpath to libgcj including some atypically formatted classes like
java.util.SimpleTimeZone.  In order to minimize conflicts with what you're
doing, I plan to check in the GNU versions, as is, to libgcj and later
update them with the reformatted versions.  As Tom Tromey mentioned
previously, please do separate commits for reformatting vs. other changes.

Also, please send a note to the list when you've checked in the
reformatted changes, so I know they're ready to use for updates.  If I
need to do anything more than merge the Classpath versions of these
java.util classes into libgcj, I'll ping you so we don't mess each other up.
--warrenl