Re: Code formatting

From: Bryce McKinlay
Subject: Re: Code formatting
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 12:54:46 +1300

Tom Tromey wrote:

> Bryce> I've written a brutal hack for GNU indent that makes it produce
> Bryce> java code that is reasonably close to the unofficial
> Bryce> libgcj/classpath/GNU coding style.
>
> I thought I had heard of a Java indent program on sourceforge... ?
> Or maybe freshmeat?

There is astyle (http://astyle.sourceforge.net) which is pretty good, but
it doesn't do our style correctly - as far as I could tell there isn't a
way to have it indent class & method blocks (which we indent 2 spaces)
distinctly from if/for/try blocks (which we indent by 2+2 spaces).

> I don't mind reformatting.  However I'd like reformatting to be a
> separate commit from any other changes.

Of course.

regards

  [ bryce ]