classpath-0.01 released

From: Brian Jones
Subject: classpath-0.01 released
Date: 20 Nov 2000 13:17:10 -0500

I've packaged and released classpath-0.01.  This release features
numerous improvements and additions.  Places to download the source
code and precompiled binaries are listed below.

Compiling from source:

        To compile from source code you must have JDK 1.1.x (1.1.8
        preferred) and Jikes in addition to japhar-0.09 and nspr.
        Links for downloading source code of the latter are available
        from lyta.haphazard.org below.  Use configure flags
        --with-japhar=<prefix> and --with-javah=... and
        --with-classlib=... the latter two should point to the JDK
        relevant files.

Binaries:

        To use the provided rpms, install nspr-pthreads, japhar, and
        classpath rpms.

        CLASSPATH=/usr/japhar/share/classpath
        PATH=/usr/japhar/bin
        LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/japhar/lib/classpath:/usr/japhar/lib

Download:

        ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/classpath/classpath-0.01.tar.gz
        http://lyta.haphazard.org/~cbj/classpath.html

Have a happy Thanksgiving for those of you in the U.S.  I'll be in PA
for the rest of the week until late Saturday.  I hope releases will
not be spread year(s) apart again.  This release met my "Hello World"
executed correctly confidence level.

Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>