Re: cvs2cl

From: Bryce McKinlay
Subject: Re: cvs2cl
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 13:25:09 +1300

Tom Tromey wrote:

> I noticed that Brian regenerated ChangeLog using cvs2cl yesterday.
> This made it much less readable, imho.

I agree. Generated cvs changelogs suck. The main problem is that its
difficult to specify different text for different groups of changed files
without doing multiple check-ins. People also tend to write more interesting
and useful entries when the ChangeLog is maintained by hand.

1 vote for a hand maintained ChangeLog.

  [ bryce ]