KopiSusu beta release

From: Erwin Bolwidt
Subject: KopiSusu beta release
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 18:06:20 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I've made a new release of the KOPI/kjc compiler, and I've called the new
package KopiSusu to indicate that it's not from the original authors of
KOPI. It's a GPL-ed java compiler written in java.

With the help of Mark Wielaard it has shown to compile the Classpath
library right. Since I didn't get Japhar correctly installed, and the
Classpath configure script seems to insist on japhar even with
--with-japhar=no

The way it worked for me was to go to the lib/ directory, run the
gen-classlist script with standard.omit, and do

ksusu -d out -nosystemlib -classpath Klasses.jar @classes

(where ksusu is the script that calls the compiler)

The compiler also does well on the jacks test suite.

It's still a beta release until I'm sure that it can stand most tests, but
those willing to try can download it from:

http://www.klomp.org/KopiSusu/

Regards,
  Erwin Bolwidt